The service we offer
We have a very simple ethos: to act in your best interests and to treat you as we would treat a member of our own family. We have never worked any other way, and we have been fortunate to find patients recognising and appreciating the service we provide. Those of you who have been our patients elsewhere, are going to see no difference in the way you are treated in our practice.
What we do hope you'll notice though is the enviroment we have created both for you and for us. We have employed all the right people to create a practice that we are immensely proud of. We have taken an old building and completely rebuilt, redesigned and refurbished it, having only retained its outer walls and the roof trusses. Every nut, bolt, screw, wire and pipe are new. We have designed it using a team who only design dental practices, and the work has been carried out by builders who similarly only build dental practices. We have separated the reception desk from the waiting room to give patients more privacy. We have introduced decontamination processes for cleaning instruments that meet the Government's Best Practice standards in HTM 01-05. We have introduced heat recovery systems in the surgeries which retain the heat as we replace the air in the surgeries, making the enviroment in there healthier for you and us. The practice is air-conditioned throughout and meets current building regulations fully. The surgeries are kitted out with bespoke cabinetry and ADEC dental chairs and units. Our X-rays are all digital and include a DPT full mouth scanner. We have a ramp and wheelchair access including to our patient toilet, also kitted out with baby changing facilities. We have thrown our heart and soul into this practice, but it is still us, providing you with the same level of care you have experienced from us in our previous practice.
We hope you'll love what we have created.
Complaints Procedure – Information for Patients
Our aim is to ensure that you are happy with the service that we provide. Things don't always go to plan in life, and sometimes, this may result in you wanting to raise your concerns with us. To this end we have a complaints policy in place to help address and resolve your concerns. In our practice, we take complaints seriously to ensure that our service meets expectations. All complaints are dealt with courteously and promptly to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. Our aim is to react to complaints and learn from every mistake that we make.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaints about the service that we provide is Kay Hallows, one of the practice owners and our Complaints’ Manager.
- If we receive a complaint by telephone or in person, we will listen and offer to refer the individual to the Complaints’ Manager immediately. If she is not available at the time, we will arrange a convenient time for her to contact you. If the matter requires a more immediate response, we will arrange for a senior member of the dental team to deal with it.
- If we receive a complaint in writing or by e-mail, it will be passed immediately to the Complaints’ Manager.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges, it will usually be referred to the dentist concerned, unless the individual does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge a complaint in writing as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will offer to discuss the complaint with you, and confirm how you would like to be kept informed of developments – by telephone, letters, e-mail or by face-to-face meetings. We will inform you about how the complaint will be handled and the likely time that the investigation will take to complete.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days and, as far as reasonably practicable, we will keep you informed as to the progress of the investigation.
- When we have completed our investigation, we will provide you with a full written report, which will include an explanation of how we considered the complaint, the conclusions reached in respect of each specific part of the complaint, details of any necessary remedial action taken and whether further action will be taken.
- Proper and comprehensive records will be kept of any complaints received and the action we take. These records will be reviewed regularly to ensure that we take every opportunity to improve our service.
- If you are not satisfied with the result of our investigation, we will advise you to refer the complaint to:
- Dental Complaints Service
Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon CR0 6BA
Tel: 020 8253 0800
This service is funded by the General Dental Council.
- Patients registered with this practice under Denplan can contact them directly:
The Head of Customer Services
Denplan Limited, Denplan Court, Victoria Road, Winchester, SO23 7RG.
Tel: 0800 401 402